Friday, November 26, 2010

Get Up and Move Challenge Day 26

Get Up and Move Challenge Day 26: What Motivates You?

There are only 5 days left in our Get Up and Move Challenge! Can you believe it? Seems like this month has just flown by!

Now that we've been through 25 days of exercising and trying to eat better, it's time to share our motivational tips with each other.

So what are things that help you get out of the house or off the couch and moving? What are things that motivate you while you exercise?

There are the big "heavy-hitter" type reasons, such as trying to lower your cholesterol or blood pressure, or for weight loss, but those don't have to be the only reasons. It really can be as simple as wanting to try a new type of exercise (like Zumba).

There are all kinds of ways to motivate yourself while exercising -- to help you keep going to reach that goal, rather than giving up after 5 minutes. Things such as listening to music, watching TV, or better yet, working out with a friend, can all help to keep exercise from being monotonous and boring. Varying your exercise day to day can also help keep things fresh and fun.

1 comment:

  1. I have to confess that I have not been so great about working out every day lately. I work at a toy store and this time of year can get a bit crazy. However, I try to make sure that I do exercise when I am not working a 10 hour day (3-5 days a week.) The main things that keep me motivated are weight loss and maintenance and self confidence. I also try not to be too hard on myself when I do miss a work out and remind myself that tomorrow is a new day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover