Monday, February 4, 2008

A Little Trial and Error

So I'm falling a little behind with posting all the delicious recipes I've been discovering as of late, so I'll just make two separate posts today for dinner last night and tonight.

Last night I tried out Lolo's Easy Baked Chicken and Brie recipe for a second time. The first time was good, but it tasted like it was almost missing something, so I decided to have a round two to turn it up a notch.

Easy Baked Chicken and Brie

1 cup light beer or dry white wine
4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
8 ounces brie cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour beer into a glass baking dish. Add chicken breasts and season with salt, pepper, and oregano on both sides. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. While chicken is baking, slice brie with the rind into 1/4 inch thick slices. When chicken is done, place slices of brie over the top. Return to oven for 3-5 more minutes until cheese is melted.


I really liked the original recipe, but I felt it needed an extra kick, so I added just a bit of some Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette on top. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong dressing, I should have gone with just the straight Raspberry Vinaigrette as the one I had ended up with a really strong walnut taste. O well, live and learn and fix it for next time.

Nutrition Facts - with no dressing
Amount per serving
Calories 319Calories from fat 164
% Daily Value
Total Fat 18.3g28%
Saturated Fat 10.4g52%
Cholesterol 123mg41%
Sodium 541mg23%
Total Carbs 1.5g0%
Protein 35.2g
Vitamin A 7%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 11%Iron 3%

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover